Hard Drive Recomndations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
I cannot decide between a 400GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.8, another SATA 2, OR 16 MB cache HD, or Hitachi's 500GB SATA 2, 16MB Cache.

Do Hitachi make a decent hard drive? If so, the 500GB it is.

Yan

Hihatchi are decent, and the 500GB drives had some awsome speed in benchmarks.

IBM sold it's harddrive division to hihatchi FYI

Hitachis are great as well as seagate. I have a Hitahi HD in my desktop, it makes no sounds and has run great for me. I have Heard that the 500 GB gets hot so you may want to get a hard drive cooler.

I have heard some good things about the hitachi deskstars. Also, correct me if im wrong, but I have heard that harddrive coolers are loud and dont help very much...

PoisonPorkchop said:
I have heard some good things about the hitachi deskstars. Also, correct me if im wrong, but I have heard that harddrive coolers are loud and dont help very much...

YOu are right they really dont do a great job its jsut best to have a 80mm fan fanning on it then a hdd cooler.

if you have a water cooling loop koolance makes a thingy that water cools the hdddont want to find the link to pm me if you want it

Dark_Sniper* said:
YOu are right they really dont do a great job its jsut best to have a 80mm fan fanning on it then a hdd cooler.

LOL, I am good... My case... Mountain Mods U2-UFO, with 12 120mm fans, two of them directly on my hard drives, soon to be another 3 80mm's, I only have one ATM.

Thanks, I am gonna get the 500GB Hitachi.

Yan

Yea...everything I've read about those 500giggers is good. They perform well in benchmarks and actually utilize the SATA 2 standard (which most new sata 2 drives don't do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom