Video Stuttering

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinMorefield

Baseband Member
Video Stuttering: If Fixed will Pay you!

Ok guys come on help me i cannot fix this darn problem.....

Cpu Specs:
AMd64 3200+ (939)
Msi Neo ultra Nforce4 mobo
2x512 Corsair xms (2-2-2-5)
Maxtor 7200rpm 8mb cache 100Gb
xFx 7800gtx 256mb
Antec neo 480watt PSU

No overClocking on any part, Everything is running cool 6 case fans everything is brand new or replaced. I also had same problem with my other system and i replaced everything one by one (first Mobo and proc then videocard then ram then hdd and still the same problem!!!)

Oh ya lol The Problem is its like hickuping or stuttering ....EXAMPLE: when i will turn onto a new part of the map it will freeze for a split second or "stutter" im so fed up with this problem ... if anyone can help me fix this i will personaly send the 25$ in mail or paypal thanks guys please help! P.S. does this in HL2,BF2,DOOM3 everygame i play with any Resolution and lowest settings

Well BF2 i think that happens to everyone. I read that you need at least 450w for a 7800gtx. With your 6 case fans you might be pushin it. ...maybe try a 550/600 watt quality PSU.

You are shutting down all background programs when you play right?

Yes, all backround programs are shut down and i had same Exact problem with my old amd64 3200+ / MSI board / x800xl 256mb video card/ and i replaced it all and same problem EZACTLY THE SAME and also doesnt the 7800gtx run cooler, and less power?

and still with the new motherboard Proccesor and new videocard and ram still the same problem ( sorry to confuse i upgraded from 754 to 939 and got all that new stuff)

Well since youve replaced everything maybe its a problem with your internet connection? But it happens in Doom 3 as well?

Also, whenever I get stutter, esp at the beginning of BF2, I believe its my hard drive that i can hear "overworking". Maybe there is an issue with your drive, or it needs defragging. Go to Maxtor's website and run a drive test if they have one. Or for a quick basic analysis of your system go to pcpitstop.com with internet explorer. Go to full tests/new member/test anonamously and see what it says about your drive etc. Itll give you a performance percentage compared to other systems.

ok, the guy up there had the right idea about the PSU as far as im concerned. you are running a 256mb GFX card, and 6 case fans. probably running at least 2 optical drives? and a harddrive? 480w isnt going to cut it very well. go with the other guys recommendation and get a higher wattage PSU, preferrably 550 or 600.

and check out your harddrive on maxtors site as well. it may be a combonation problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom