XP-Pagefile missing or too small!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_Wall

Beta member
I have a problem to which i have major problems finding the sollution. Have patience with me.. I am no guru at computers... but, here it comes..

When i start my comp and try to log in there is a message that says something like pagefile missing or too small ...

Has anybody had the same problem and how did you fix it???

The pagefile is an amount of memory on the hard drive the computer uses as RAM. Erego (I love that word) you have a low amount of RAM. Give me your specs, that would help a lot.

Right click on my computer, go to properties. Click on advanced tab, Then click on settings for performance. Then go to advanced. Then change your virtual memory. I would need your specs to kinda configure how big you would need it. But on all three of my gaming rigs I have a gig as my page file.

dot put it as a gig make it start out at 2 - 1000 megs so it wont take up a gig of space at start up it will just expand as needed.
I will post a pic if you dont get what i am saying.

That may be good if your limited on space, but expanding is bad; it generally causes fragmentation of the hard drive. If you keep the page file higher and static, it will not be fragmented. They also generally advise that you keep your page file at 1.5 to 3 times the size of your actual RAM. But this is dependent on how much physical RAM you actually have.

Test on Tuesday:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom