comps messing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

soup lightning

In Runtime
the other day i turned it off w/ the power supply switch. started going slow once i turned it back on. its constantly freezing up, games are taking forever to load. ut2004 just crashed. everyitme i try and unzip bf2 i get teh not responding message. the other day i reformatted but it didnt fix it. now whenever i try and format it sayd theres no hd

Try to clear your CMOS if the hdd is not be decected something is wrong then. Jsut take the little battery out, turn the computer on for 8 to 10 seconds. Turn it off put the battery back in, turn the computer on and see what happens. IF the hdd still is being detected then try to reset your jumpers. :) hope this helps

Try that, and once you get it working again I would also run some general tests (such as memtest) to make sure your PSU didn't hurt anything (since it was the only change you mentioned, I am assuming it might be a problem). You really should run a test on your HD (if it is new-ish it has soemthing called SMART which reports a bunch of values for diagnostic purposes). I beleive the program speedfan can conduct such a test. Also check your voltages (using motherboardmonitor 5 or speedfan) and make sure that they are around what they should be and don't fluctate

theres a black window like a command prompt taht says enter disk image source file name. i have no idea what that means

ran memtest, it did 6 or 7 passes while i was gone and no errors. i cant reformat it. after it says to put the xp disc in it says theres no hdd. i reset the cmos too but nothing changed

As Dark_Sniper* said, take the CMOS battery out, then make sure you reseat it properly.

i did last night. everything but bf2 is working. that still freezes up and all my games are still loading really slow. windows is loading pretty slow too. takes a minute or two to get past the loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom