Trouble to upgrade 512 mb ram memory on MB Asus K8N (nforce 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxy

Beta member
I assembled new computer with MB Asus K8N (nforce3 chipset). So far I didnÂ’t have any trouble with these motherboards but use to put only CPU AMD 64. For the first time I put CPU AMD SEMPRON 3000+ (754) and I faced with follow problem. When I install any ram module of 512 mb / 400 ( I used different manufactures Kingstone, PQI, takems Â…) the windows just stuck (it failed to boot up). I have tried to put 2 modules of 256 mb / 400 but it didnÂ’t change anything, the problem was till there. When I install only one module of two above-mentioned the computer is running without any problem. Do I have to change anything in bios since I put Sempron instead of AMD 64. I assembled another computer with Mother Board Asus K8X-X and with all new components equal to this one and I still have a problem with ram memory.

Run a memory diagnostic like Memtest86+ (do a Google for it, then burn it onto a floppy/CD-RW) to check for bad RAM. If you're having problems with only one DIMM then it's likely a fault with either the other DIMM or a BIOS/Chipset bug.

Is the mainboard's BIOS up to date? In BIOS, is the CPU recognised?

Upon the installation of the new motherboard, did you fomat the HDD correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom