Graphics Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

megamanfre

Beta member
I just bought an HP a1130n with the AMD 64 3500 an a gig of RAM, an PCI-E. I wanna upgrade the graphics card cause it has the ATI Xpress 200, which really blows for gaming.

Right now, Im tossing between the 6600 or the x800, and dont know which I should go for. I dont wanna spend more than 200 for a card, as I just got fired. What I wanna know is, whats everyones preference? I wanna get 256meg on the card, but the 6600 only comes in 128, and was wondering if it would make that big of a difference, or if the 6600 is about the same as the x800, even though its half the memory on it.

Ive been thinking a lot about getting the x800 only because of the 256, but I know that more doesnt always mean better, so is the 6600 worth it, or should I go for the x800?

ignore amount of VRAM but you should look at a 6600GT if your in a money crisis, you really never use all 256 VRAM on a graphic card. The eVGA 6600GT is a nice card, it will play any game today at a fine setting

x800gt or 6600gt? That is the question. I say 6600gt, but you might want to upgrade the dell psu, shouldn't be proprietary so anything would do. This isn't high-end, so sort of wrong.

PS. You'll run into an errror for some games with only 128mb.

Roger

Well i have an eVGA 6600gt and i play battlefield 2 for hours and hours and i never run into an error and in all of the benchmark tests i have seen the 6600gt spanks the hell out of the x800 and they now offer a 256 MEG version of the 6600gt. So i would go witht he 6600gt

What 256meg version? Are you talking about the sli'd version produced by gigabyte, 2 cores on one board?

ROger

NO PALIT just released a 256 MB version of the 6600gt in AGP and PCI-X format i think its around 200 even right now not too bad at all check that out.

Oh i just found out that XFX has also released a 256 MB version of the 6600gt in AGP and PCI-X i think its aroud 220$ right now though. But after all XFX does make btter cards its worth the extra 20 bucks.

megamanfre said:
I just bought an HP a1130n with the AMD 64 3500 an a gig of RAM, an PCI-E. I wanna upgrade the graphics card cause it has the ATI Xpress 200, which really blows for gaming.

Right now, Im tossing between the 6600 or the x800, and dont know which I should go for. I dont wanna spend more than 200 for a card, as I just got fired. What I wanna know is, whats everyones preference? I wanna get 256meg on the card, but the 6600 only comes in 128, and was wondering if it would make that big of a difference, or if the 6600 is about the same as the x800, even though its half the memory on it.

Ive been thinking a lot about getting the x800 only because of the 256, but I know that more doesnt always mean better, so is the 6600 worth it, or should I go for the x800?

Please ignore the large part of false infomation below your post. Now we have a good thread on x800GT vs 6600GT going on here http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67569

The amount of memory in these cases does not make a huge issue. It's mainly the speed of the memory that matters, and how many pipelines and the core clockspeed.

XFX are terrible card manafactuers, just search around. I have had 2 broken 6600GT's from XFX so far (This is out of 2).

EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?! false information okkkkkkk first ofF 2 different versionS of the 256 MB 6600gt did come up look it up soo i believe thats true and if you looks up the revies on the net the XFX cards usually have higher core and memory clock speeds and are very reliable cards BFG eVGA and XFX are the top 3 Graphics card companys right now jsut because you have 6000+ posts doesnt mean your right buddy so stop flamming and get your SH*T right!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom