sod's law

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
((these forums have changed alot in the last 3 weeks, havnt they?))

sod's law states that if you go on a 3 week holiday, when you get back ur pc will beep at you and tell you it has a memory fault.

i will now have to contact the dell warranty thingy magiggy and try and get another stick.

does anyone know about how picky dell is with the warranty, eg, when you have added fans, removed modems, etc?

PS, i hate sod. :(

It isnt sod, I leave for long amounts of time and my PC is fine.

It's dell being cheap peices of rubbish. Dell are ***** and really picky, so they will ($&# you over.

Haha when I came back from a 2 week holiday my comp made wierd noises at startup, and then Windows gave me a registry error.

Well I didnt touch my laptop for a month, still works

Didnt touch my other laptop for 1.5 months, havnt tried.

PC kept in storage for 5 years, still worked for another 2

slack3 on my LAN is showing 13 months 20 days of uptime, for those not familiar with unix, thats over a year of non stop running without rebooting

i didnt mean that going on holiday CAUSES ur machine to break, its just typical when you go away, and then you get back and BAMM!, ur pc is broken.

i rang up dell (took about 2 hrs :( ) and they say i will have new ram by tomorrow. when the ram actually comes remains to be seen.

its good enough for me, Ste.

it will handle doom 3 at 800x600 at medium settings at about 40-60fps. most of the games i play are not as demanding as doom 3 anyway, so it siuts me fine.

back when i bought it, i had no idea that i would be capable of building a pc myself. my next pc, i will definatly build myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom