Unable to format. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sick_unit

Baseband Member
All of a suden my laptop fu*ked up. It was working perfectly fine one day the next it wouldnt boot. It went to the desktop but only showed the wallpaper and styaed there for ever. I then booted the Recovery CD i got with my laptop, it loaded all the drivers across the bottom and i got into Windows Setup. Ive tried both using Recovery Console to reformat and tried by pushing Enter to install a fresh Windows and then tried deleting the partition but nothing works. When trying to format it stays at 0% for ever. But when trying to install a new Windows it says "Partition 1 (Unknown)" isnt it suppose to say "Partition 1 (Raw1)"?

Ive tried using my Windows 2000 CD and gets stuck at the same spot. I got some error saying that make sure the hard disc is properly connected and that scsi is conencted and all this other rubbish that im not fimilar with.

I dont have a clue why this happened. I take care of my computer with having updated virus and spyware and scan often.

Please can someone help!

OOOO dont use the recovery console those things are garbage did you try to install windows from the desktop or right when you started up the computer??

I cant access the desktop anymore. If i let the computer load it says "Error loading operating system". So therefore i must load when starting up the comp.

I gave my cousin a call who is a computer wiz and he guided me thorugh it and i managed to get the Partition1 to say (Raw1). At this point he had to go so i tried stuff myself. When i pushed Enter to install Windows it formated the drive and it was starting to copy the files over. But it started to have errors copying the files over. And it said that if these files werent copied the system may have problems running so i stopped and restarted the computer. But this time after the files loaded across the bottom i got into Windows setup and pushed Enter to install Windows and it said make sure the drive is connected. I then rebooted again and tried to enter Recovery Console and got the same error. So i dont know what happened there.

I then gave my mate a call who is also decent at computers and he said to download a program from the maufacuturer of the HDD which cleans out the whole HDD but takes hours as it cleans every single sector. Similar to what Win2kpatcher said about PowerMax. I havent given that a go but will that help?

Sorry for a long post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom