eMac and PC network

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_booto

Baseband Member
I recently bought a 1 year old eMac (Hasnt been opened) and i want to be able to network it to this PC. This PC has 2 NICs, one is being used for the broadband modem. so I want my eMac to network to this PC and also use the internet from this PC. can some one tell me how to go about it or give me a link that explains how to do it?

well my ibook is running with the base station for wireless. the base station has a cat5 cable going into the router. and my windoews computer is wireless but it does pick up my apple base station. i under stand taht your not going wireless im saying its possiable. you bbest bet is to get a router if you want to go wireless good but you should be able to wire them eith no problem as i did my iboo has the internet running from my linksys router:). so its all up to your configuretion of it.

If he has two NICs in a machine, he doesn't need the router. The machine can act as one. Basically, once you manage to set up your computer to be the router, the eMac should work easily without problems.

yeah thats what i want, just have this PC run as a router. no wireless stuff. Still thinking of how to set it up tho? I've done half a IT course but droped out. lol so yeah and its been half a year since then so i've forgotten half of what to do to network comps. is networking OSX to XP much different then XP - XP? coz i pretty much know how to do that. Just a simple list of things to look at and change will get me going, i dont really need much details.

There should be no effective difference in your setup between XP to OS X as opposed to if it were XP to XP.

Alternative: just spend $35 and get a wired router. That way you don't have to leave the PC on all the time in order to get on the net with the Mac. Arguably it's more secure also, because your hardware firewall is outside of your PC.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom