Low End Cards

What do you think of my site?

• Great site, wouldn't change a thing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's good, could use some changes

• It needs quite a few changes

• Start over go back to the drawing board.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a very impressive review of the x800. And 256bit vs. 128? I'd jump on the 256. But alot of things are happening in gaming graphics and software support (SM FP?) can add alot of cool things so that is tough. In fact, I'd wait for something that has both for under $200.

The 6600GT maybee 128 bit, but it's more efficent and higher clockspeeds make up for it's small memory path.

6600GT by far gets my vote, x800GT is a marketing ploy by ATI.

Well, the 6600 GT isn't really powerful enough for Shader Model 3.0 to make that much of a difference. Now if you are talking about 6800GT vs. X800XL, then yeah, shader 3 is something to consider. However, the 6600 GT just isn't powerful enough to make heavy use of SM3 and get good framerates. Most people here are Nvidia fans, but I tend to look at both sides. I say get the X800GT over the 6600 GT.

Coming from you, I am suprised.

With my 6600GT, in both SCCT and Far Cry I use SM3 to make my games look purdy. I think BF2 and FEAR are using shader model 3 as well, which my 6600GT can run at high settings -blob shadows.

Now beedubya, considering the x800gt and 6600GT are both 8 pipe cards. Doing a bit of research, in higher resolutions the x800GT can pull ahead of the 6600GT. Here are some benchmarks

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?id=1678&cid=3&pg=1

*** NOT ENGISH ***
http://www.hkepc.com/hwdb/x800gt-4.htm

SNIP

Hate to delete the entire 1733 words you spent writing for this scheme, but this type of post is NOT allowed, nor is it relevant. READ...THE...RULES...WHY...CAN'T...YOU...PEOPLE...STOP! NOBODY here is INTERESTED! -Q

It was a dumb scheme to get rich. Providing a service... This is off topic though. So far 6600gt is winning.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom