XFX nVidia GeForce 7800 GTX 256Mb
Enermax 600W Noisetaker
NEC ND-3520A Black Dual Layer DVD+/-RW
Sony 3.5" FDD

Extreme Gaming Spider Case
Windows XP Professional
Logitek MX510
Saitek Eclipse

How does that sound? Would any of you change anything (bare in mind, that's at the top end of my budget, so could you suggest any changes that cost around the same price?)

Thanks!

WOW looks amazing wish i had the money for that stuff i would get a DFI LANPARTY board though, MSI and DFI make great boards and i would also get an FX55 processor or one of the FX processors i only say this because they are great processors for gaming and there really is no need fo a dual core processor right now i think there are only 1 or 2 games on the market right now that actually use dual core even though they dont need them and unless you are using a CAD program and playing a game like battlefield 2 at the same time you dont need it.

Yes but it is good for FUTUREPROOF reasons. Technology always advances and it is always better to have a comp for today and tomorrow instead of just today.

Looks great, stick w/ the X2 line...

I would still go with the FX line even thought the X2 might be future ready if you think about it what game even in the future is going to need dual core theres no need for it go with the FX its a better processor the X2 are jsut the regular lets say 3500+ with 2 cores no biggy go with the FX bro TRUST ME!!!!

That is exactly what I was thinking Counter-Strike, and due to me leaving for uni in a months time, I ideally want it to last for the majority of my course.

I hear where your coming from kingcorona1212, but the thing is, I will be using CAD and a lot of computer games programming at the same time and I need something that can handle the two.

The one thing I probably will change in light of some new money :) is the RAM. I just found out that that RAM I specified isn't the XMS version and so wouldn't really do the same job as say an OCZ 2Gb (2 x 1Gb) Dual Channel Performance Series (or possibly the Platinum Series).

One question I do have is that my CPU comes with a factory standard cooler, and personally I don't think that will be enough to keep it cool(er). What cooler would you recommend? And if I was to change the cooler, does it break the warranty?

Thanks very much!

Actually, instead of getting the maxtor I would get a western digital or seagate. Maxtor is kinda ehhh. Everything else looks sweet though.

Yeah, I heard that Maxtor were a company not to trust due their 1 year warranty thing but the one I'm buying has 3 years, and I'll probably uprgade before the third year.

Thanks for the info though!

Try an eVGA card and not an XFX, eVGA make an overclocked one with a real cooler at the same speeds as XFX.

And go all the way for an mx-518 or Razer Diamondback / Copperhead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom