Need Some Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkj098

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, I need some help with some things when it comes to building a pc. Im getting a Asus P4S800 Motherboard, A Seagate 80GB HD, A Kingston 512mb 333 Memory And an Intel p4 2.9 or something cpu. I dont know what power source to buy, the wattage or anyhting, and what video card would be good if i am going to be playing some high graphic games. Also it says it an Atx factor form motherboard, will any atx case work??? Is this System worth building or can any changes be made to make it worth it. Need help soon Thank You.

Well, not to put a damper on your plans, but if you're gonna be gaming a lot, you should probably look into AMD (YES, I HAD TO!!!).

For most games, a GeForce 6600 will suffice these days. You will need a bare minimum of 350W for a PSU with a 6600, and i suggest 400W or 450W (the more, the merrier).

If the mobo is ATX, then it will fit in any ATX case.

EDIT: Oh! And if you're gonna be gaming a lot, i suggest 1GB of RAM if you can pull it. 512MB will work OK, but 1GB will feel better.

im not really going to be gaming hardcore and the motherboard only works with 478 intels. how much is the geforce 6600 and will it work with my motherboard, it says 1,5v only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom