Windows Activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcw757

Baseband Member
I've had Windows XP Pro Installed on this particular problem machine for about 6 or 7 months now. Last night, the power went out with the computer on, when I rebooted the computer, and when I click on my name in the windows welcome screen, I get a message saying my computer needs to be activated, but I vividly remember activating it, ummmm... like the day I installed Windows. When I click, activate now, the next box says that Windows has already been activated??? I click ok, and it logs me off... and that's all I can do.

So now what am I supposed to do? How do I re-activate my copy of windows??

Well if you have Windows Pro you shouldnt have to activate it at all you only have to activate windows home edition if this is a legal copy of windows i would call windows tech and ask them whats wrong but if its an illegal copy i can't help ya

It is very legal, it was an xp pro upgrade, which I used to upgrade the home version, and when I booted into it the first time, it made me activate it....

bcw757 said:
I've had Windows XP Pro Installed on this particular problem machine for about 6 or 7 months now. Last night, the power went out with the computer on, when I rebooted the computer, and when I click on my name in the windows welcome screen, I get a message saying my computer needs to be activated, but I vividly remember activating it, ummmm... like the day I installed Windows. When I click, activate now, the next box says that Windows has already been activated??? I click ok, and it logs me off... and that's all I can do.

So now what am I supposed to do? How do I re-activate my copy of windows??

You have to call Microsoft and have them fix their activation database. I believe it's free too. Look up microsoft licensing on their web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom