my new 6600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
well, i just bought a new 6600gt evga card and the specs online were 500core and 900mem what tool can i use to take my core to 500 liek it should be? do cards always come underclocked that much? it was that way with my friend who just bought one also. idk what tool he used but it didnt do too good for his card, said somthuing bout the tool not being nvidia certified and fried his card ouch

Er, they shouldn't come underclocked. Make sure that you have proper cooling in your case (open it up and stick a floor fan near it for more airflow) to ensure that it is not overheating and underclocking itself. There are plenty oveclocking utilities out there, but I would try coolbits if you are determined to O/C your card back up to stock settings manually. I don't know much about it, but do realize that regardless of what your core is at no overclocking will void the warranty and I would try to avoid doing it, especially since for some reason your card does not even want to run at stock speeds.

You what? Cards don't come underclocked. If you're finding it underclocked it may be just because it's in 2D mode. The 6600GT downclocks to 300MHz core in 2D mode. When running games it goes up to 500MHz. If you want to overclock, try RivaTuner, available from www.guru3d.com.

i have more than adequete coolin my case i dont think my card is overheating or anything of that sort, its just in games i also noticed i havent seen that big of a change in switchin from my 5200 =( idk why.

Have you installed the drivers? If not then you'll get horrible performance in games. Did you uninstall the old drivers first? Also make sure you get the latest drivers from www.nvidia.com as the ones on the supplied CD are often quite old.

alrght so should i change it from 2d to 3d? i found the over clocking tool and it gives me the option and it says 3d is the performance option could it mess up my card, my case gets good air flow thourhg it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom