video problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I had this problem before, and I thought I fixed it. Before, I had a 5200 video card and I had messed up video, where the colors would become saturated and bright, and the picture garbled. I just took the hardware acceleration down a couple notches and it worked fine.

Now my real problem, I installed my replacement 6800 for the one I just RMA'd. It worked fine, I played a few games at high res and I played huge video files and DVDs all with full hardware acceleration on, everything was dandy. But today, I start up the comp and try to watch a video, and the picture was the same as when I had the 5200, all washed out, bright colors and barely watchable.

I assume this is a software problem, due to having this problem on two different cards.

Last time I checked, the Dxdiag told me that everything was fine, and I also have the latest 77.72 Nvidia drivers. What else could it be? Did I have to configure something when I installed the 6800? I just put it in, connected the molex connecters and I knew I had compatible drivers, what else is there.

EDIT: I have to set the hardware accelerations at "Disable all DirectDraw and Direct3D accelerations. ------------ Use this setting to correct severe prolblems with DirectX accelerated applications"

There are new drivers out there the 77.77. Did you uninstall the old drivers first before you installed teh new ones? With nVidia drivers you must uninstall the old drivers first before you install the new ones. I have a 6800 myself and have had no problems wit it at all like you are describing. It might be the software you are using to watch videos. I would suggest you uninstall the current nVidia drivers and reinstall them again so they can configure themselves to the 6800 isntead of being set for the 5200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom