Please help, and quickly!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackecho

Baseband Member
I am fixing a computer for a lady who is paying me to do so. I had to reinstall Win98 this morning after a long night of trying to fix it. And then I came to the horrible realization that i don't have the drivers for it, for anything. The mouse and keyboard and Monitor work, but the sound card dosen't and because I don't have a graphic chip driver it will only run in 256 colors. THe lady is paying me 50 dollars to do this and I am in deep crap if I can't figure this out. The graphics chip is built in, along with the sound into the mother board which is a AMD k6 2, with 3dNow. Do any of you know where I can get drivers for it? I checked drivers.com and AMD's website but to no prevail. Also, if it helps, it's a Packard Bell EasyOne. Please, any help would be appreciated. It's due back to her in two hours.

tell her you ran into some unexpected problems and need more time to fix it. you should have planned this ahead of time before doing anything disruptive to the system. do not give her an exact date just tell her you will call her when it is done.

ask her if she still has the software that came with her computer. if she still has the restore CD it will be easy. i would contact packard bell and ask about getting a copy of the restore CD if your client doesnt have it or lost it. you will need the exact model number for the computer.

i think this Easy One is a laptop. we need the model number for your specific computer, there are many version of easy one. since most of the hardware is integrated and this computer is old, drivers are harder to find. we would need the exact make & model for each component on the laptop to help you find drivers if no restore CD can be obtained.

Ok, thanks everybody! I got it fixed. I actually got a master restore disc from one of my friends. That was close. I didn't realize how confusing and frustrating fixing computers could be. I've learned so much but when something like this happens I realize how little I know. But thanks again for all of your help!

Well soundz like you got some valuable experience here...
One more tip besides give estimates, not deadlines is charge extra if they help. - just like the auto mechanic...

Arent ya glad you took it home to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom