IBuyPower or Build it yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igetshockedalot

In Runtime
Hola Cyber-pimps,
Quick question... A buddy of mine wants a new PC and is looking to spend @$2000. He looked up the Game Master from IBuyPower. I need some feedback (more for him than me) regarding the quality of a PC that could be built for roughly the same price (moniter not included). Suggestions, comments, and parts lists would be greatly appreciated! As always, thanks!

If he knows how to build, he can build it himself for cheaper. If he does not, or does not want to do the build, he should buy.

I wouldnt recommend that he gets it from IBuyPower as it is, they dont have a very high reseller rating. Id go for Monarch Computer.

However, if he is capable of building, he will definitly save cash, and 2,000 can make a really sweet computer.

Have you tried tigerdirect.com they have a lot of good computers there under 2K. [URL=http://tigerdirect.com

Yes its true if he knows or if you know how to build a computer build it. But if you both dont shop around and buy dont jsut get the first come first serve. YOu dont want to get ripped, you want to have a computer that you can trust that has what you want it to have. :)

building is, and always will be, cheaper than buying an already-built pc from somebody. however, if he has the money and doesn't want to/doesn't know how to build, buying from a company like ibuypower or monarch is much better than dell, since dell uses proprietory parts in their pc's.

jnev_89 said:
building is, and always will be, cheaper than buying an already-built pc from somebody. however, if he has the money and doesn't want to/doesn't know how to build, buying from a company like ibuypower or monarch is much better than dell, since dell uses proprietory parts in their pc's.

it actually is cheeper to buy from monarch as oposed to buying all the parts from newegg and putting it together yourself. i've done the math its pretty much the same just a 50 dollar difference. monarch was cheaper and they build it for you i mean dang that's pretty sweet. You don't have to worry about messing up the $2,000 worth of hardware you just bought. (unless your expierenced :D). For my next rig i'm getting one from monarch, i find them better than ibuypower because they have much more selection. Well that's all for me PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom