High end CRT VS. High end LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
I have a mitsubishi 2060u, one of the best CRT's out there. Its a 22" beast. Amazing CRT. Problem is it takes LOTS of space on my desk, so im considering selling it and getting a new 8ms LCD (Hyundai or samsung) to replace it. What kind of changes will i see? Will it be a big change?

Thanks, U-Toast

From my experience, unless your a professional who needs a reference quality picture, for: video editing, graphics arts, animation.

I can't see any reason to go with CRTs anymore, unless you don't have the money for the LCD, it sounds to me however like your willing to spend the bucks. I personally have the ViewSonic VP191b, much clearer then my NEC ever was, bright colors, in my opinion a much better monitor for a consumer.

I would still suggest just going in a store that carries flagship models of both types of monitors and see what you like. Everyone has their own personal taste. I notice CRTs have a more glossy look because of the glass screen and coating they normally use. However in my opinion, a good LCD is just as clear if not clearer then the best (consumer) CRTs out there, and also has the same if not better vivid colors.

Go with the LCD. Once you do, you'll never want to look back (pun intended).

If you are using a 22" CRT, you could go with a 20" or 21" LCD... but I don't think that the response times of the big boys have come down yet. 19" will probably do you fine, though.

If you can afford it and your gpu supports it, those dell widescreens are nice, otherwise get that vp191b. You will be impressed either way, once u get a lcd. The color is so much more vivid....BTW dont buy a samsung 193p+, it does poorly in games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom