Computer Build Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark_Sniper* said:
same here as far as teh psu thats what the vga card recommends you to have to performe ats its peak. it will run on most jsut not far as it can.

Lol- looks like we are all confused here.

Well the psu advice will be remembered dark sniper as I know my friend wants to get the best out of his setup. But he can play half life 2 and warcraft for now so he is very happy for the time being

yea there good its great that the psu is working and not givin you problems. As far as the drivers some mobo want you to install them some dont.

Kool- it was actually a mercury 400w psu so not quite unbranded but I am not sure of that brand aside from the fact that my mercury ge force 4 ti 4600 graphics card is 3 years old and still plays half life 2 and far cry to my satisfaction.

Anyway I take your point about sata needing drivers for certain mother boards. Can someone clarify however does windows have to be installed if a driver is to operate?

I mean if a driver has to be installed to make an sata hdd work, then you cannot install windows before installing a driver.

Perhaps I misunderstand what a driver is? I hope i make the point clearly

Driver- device driver is a group of files that enable one or more hardware device to communicate with the computers Operating System. Does taht help you more?

I think I understand a bit more.

So basicly if I have an sata and I want to install windows, sometimes a driver my be needed to make the hdd function. So I would install that driver first, then throw in the windows boot disk and get windows installed. Right?

You realise I am just curious here as I really like to understand pcs better :)

np problem yes some you need to install the driver before and some after windows is installed. My friends computer needed to be installed before so in order to do that i had to act like i was installing windows but stick in the driver floppy and install it then it went into the windows installing and boom windows was born on another pc lol. or you stick in the floppy and boot from it then install windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom