Computer Build Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo- that sounds about right

I'm 90% sure when we ordered we saw it said OEM but thought nothing or it.

I think we may have solved this one. I will post later to see if we got around the problem. cheers for the sound advice buddy

We fixed the problem. It turned out to be a dud dvd rom drive. Very unusual. No disk drivers were required for the sata drive.

Perhaps they are necessary if you are adding a drive to an already existing system which already has ide HD drives. Thanks for the efforts to help advise me

Dark_Sniper* said:
Yea and also if they have a 6800GT witha a 400watt psu stock from that case it will not cut it too, you need a better one tell themm to get a 450watt but from aa beter company.
EDIT* had to take everythign off as you jsut posted ok well there should have been a floppy disk for that data hdd right well this is how you install it. BUt first does the windows cd boot as all or no? Ifit does do it when it says install put that floppy in for the sata hdd so it see it and installs the software thats maybe y windows is not installing on the hdd and given you problems. OR when the computer boots change it to floppy first and in stall the sata hdd software.

I have the 380W tagan and it works fine, well, few, very few restarts when closing high apps like CSS.

same here as far as teh psu thats what the vga card recommends you to have to performe ats its peak. it will run on most jsut not far as it can.

Hey Flanker

Well the situation was as follows....

My two mates were doing the build. The guy we built for was inexperienced with pcs while the other guy present is pretty handy. I was not there when they assembled the machine as I was at work. When I heard they had problems I decided to post on here. I was told by the inexperienced guy on msn that they were having problems booting disks and was informed that it may be a hard drive problem. That was misinformation though as when I spoke to the other guy doing the build he said that he thought it was the dvd drive that did not work and he was proved right.

Now I went down the following day to see the assembled pc, put in my dvd drive and booted up the system. It all worked, windows installed, no drivers required. My mate who was doing the build later explained to me that sata HDDs do not need drivers. What he said was- windows uses the drivers, but if windows will not boot then what use are drivers. In other words drivers need windows and windows was not installed.

With that said I fail to see how drivers are required at all. The poster dark sniper said he built a machine with sata hdd and used drivers... I don't doubt that was the case but I too am no closer to seeing why or how you might need a driver to install sata drives. Perhaps drivers are required to install a second drive, i don't know

So in short the dvd drive was the problem and we booted up windows, no drivers necessary.

I am just relaying what my friend told me here but saying as you asked I tried my best to explain his logic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom