pcmcia card wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSmell0fSprin

Beta member
I have a ibm think pad with 64 mb of ram and 3 gb hard drive and no floppy <it was free lol :p i have windows 2000 on it and i cant get my pcmcia card to work it keeps saying

'The Device " texas Instruments PCI-1130 CardBus COntroller" had detected a CardBus card in its slot, but the firmware on this system is not configured to allow the CardBus controller to be run in a CardBus mode. The operationg system will currently accept only 16-bit (r2) pc-cards on this controller'

so i tryed to install 98 back on it because i knew it worked with that but i cant because my cmp wont boot from cd and it wont let me install it through windows so my questions are (1) is there a way to get my pcmcia card to work on windows 2000 and if not how can i get my comp to install 98 or an operation system that will work with my pcmcia card and doesnt need to boot from cd to install and (2) is there a program that i can download that will boot from a cd sence my bios wont?

mmm.. try to look at the instruction came with PCMCIA card, as it'll tell you if it suppose to run on win 2000..

try downloading the latest driver, since your driver prob only supports win 98

erm.. did you set the boot sequence right? to boot from CDROM before hard drive?

If all that didn't solve your problem, try to plug the card onto some other machines, prob ur card is broken..

my card is brand new and works and my comp dosnt have cd in the boot sequence options and its sposed to work on 2000 but it wont and i wish i could update windows to see if that fixes the problem but the whole reason im installing th card is to get it hooked up to my lan

try moving the PC to a direct connection for a while to update, then move it back, because i know a new installation of win 2000 works badly, you need at least 3 service packs applied to work with most applications.. And please try to use complete sentences rather than write the whole thing out in one run-on paragraph...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom