Mouse strange behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Solid State Member
In the last three weeks the mouse (PS2 - optical) started to beahve strangely and more and more often, to freeze while the laptop hangs dead. Sometimes, but not so often, the cursor can still be controlled through the small pad in the laptop

Sometimes it seems to do what it likes or refusing to travel the whole space I would expect if running properly and, the worst, it freezes when I move it abruptly from right to left or viceversa (not really sure it's exactly like that).

Laptop running WIN ME.

I don't recall making any major changes nor installing new software/hardware in the last two months.

AVG antivirus daily updated and laptop checked every 72 hours.

Just in case changed the mouse (and of course, the driver). Problem is still there.

Is it any kind of freeware to diagnosis something?

no anti-virus protects everything. a virus could of slipped thorugh and screwed up your mouse. do you have all of the service packs and all for windows ME? ME is the most troublesome OS that Microsoft has ever made, its probably something wrong with windows. if possible, i'd do a system restore. if that doesn't work, than you have a virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom