Opinions on a budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing is the way memory has yo be used is a little weird. Cant use 4 sticks of DDR400, but it can use 4 sticks of DDR 333. It can also use 2 sticks of DDR 400. A little unusual

That sounds very strange to me and I have not been told that problem from people that I know that own the board. All skt 939 boards should handle memory similar. The motherboard should only provide the slots. All the memory controlling should be done by the cpu. With amd skt 754 and skt 939 the memory controller is built into the cpu not on the motherboard like intel.

EDIT: I think I figure out where you getting confuse. On any amd core before san dieago and vience if you have 4 ddr400 chips in it would downclock it to DDR 333. This was a problem with the memory controller on the cpu. This have been fixed with the vieice and san diago core. The athlon 64 x2 cores also do not have this problem.

dhw200 said:
Ive got the neo4, and its not in the same league as the DFI, but its still a pretty decent overclocker. The only thing is the way memory has yo be used is a little weird. Cant use 4 sticks of DDR400, but it can use 4 sticks of DDR 333. It can also use 2 sticks of DDR 400. A little unusual

I am probolly going with the Neo4 now, as the Free HL2 deal is over. And the soltek board is going to go up in price 50$.

perhaps you can get some things on your list used on ebay

and perhaps you can bump that 3000+ venice to a 2800+ older core?

diabloII said:
perhaps you can get some things on your list used on ebay

and perhaps you can bump that 3000+ venice to a 2800+ older core?

No way for ebay, this isnt my build, I am not taking chances. 2800+ older core wont save much money. Hell i cant even find any 2800's for 939 anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom