XP - Pagefile missing or too small!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_Wall

Beta member
I have a problem to which i have major problems finding the sollution. Have patience with me.. I am no guru at computers... but, here it comes..

When i start my comp and try to log in there is a message that says something like pagefile missing or too small ...

Has anybody had the same problem and how did you fix it???

Hello! and welcome to the forums :) I have had this error several times at work. There are many ways to resolve it, but the one I used is to go the page file prefernces via RIGHT CLICK on MY COMPUTER>PROPERITES>ADVANCED> under PERFORMANCE to to SETTINGS then ADVANCED then towards the bottom go to the virtual memory area and select CHANGE. Set the initial and max size to 0 and be sure to hit SET after each one you enter. Reboot and see if that takes care of the message...

Yep. Seems to be a good forum! :)

I tried to put it to 0 but it didnt work... the comp started up nicely but later came a message that said "you are running out of virtual memory". After that the comp didnt work properly at all.

Now I use the option (which is something like), "no pagefle"... that works... but gives me a warning everytime I sign in.

What do you think?

delete the excess of file that you have that cause you the problem in the first place then reset the page file

Yep sorry about that..I didnt get to finish with ya :) For sure you need a page file..the first step though was to 0 it out and rid the messae. Then properly configure the page file. Let me look up my helpdesk case to see exactly what I did..it was quite some time ago ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom