MoBo: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D s939
CPU: AMD FX-55 San Diego
GPU: BFG Tech 7800GTX
RAM: pqi 1GB (512x2MB) DDR 400 (PC 3200) SDRAM
HDD: 2x Seagate Barracuda 120GB 7200rpm SATA150 NQC
PSU: Antec NeoPower 480W
Optical Drive: NEC ND-3540A IDE DVD Burner
Floppy Drive: NEC 1.44MB

Monitor: ViewSonic VP191B Black 19" 8ms (gray-to-gray); 20ms (black-white-black, typ) LCD
Speakers: Logitech Z-2300 2.1
Mouse: Logitech MX518
Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse
Mousepad: RATPADZ GS

Total cost from Newegg: $2,689

NOTE: This system will be for GAMING and I will NOT be overclocking.

As always, thanks for all replies. :)

Awesome.
I wish I could afford something like that.
Enjoy that man, you deserve it for that ammount of cash you have.

this is just me but i have never heard of the brand "pqi" that u have ur ram listed as.(maby because i am in the land down under)

and if you have the money i would suggest a 10,000 RPM hard drive for you main games and windows.

PQI is pretty common, they use exactly the same PCB's and chips (samsung TCCD's) in their RAM as OCZ. the heatspreaders are slightly different (because of the writing)

The pqi ram is just value ram and will perform no different than more expenisve ram right? It's got a lifetime warranty so if it dies no biggie.

As for the 10,000rpm disk.....I've heard mixed opinions on this. Some say to get a small 10Krpm for windows and games yet others say its not worth the money and that I'd get just as good if not better performance by putting two 7,200rpm disks in RAID-0. I figured I'd save some money and go for the RAID-0 setup.

It might be worth it 2 get 2 gigs of RAM, as high settings on BF2 and FEAR require 2 gigs

yes the link is fine and that build is great for gaming. You changed teh ram its going to be better for you for gaming BF2 and FEAR are Memory hungry man.

Sweet. I have two more questions though.

1. Should I get a pair of aluminum heat spreaders for the ram?

2. Will the DFI motherboard manual have detailed instructions on how to setup a RAID-0 array? I really have no idea how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom