cannot install soundcard drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdawg

Daemon Poster
I have an Audigy 2 ZS sound card.

I've basically reformatted & am reinstalling sound card drivers and I get this error everytime I download and try to run the downloaded drivers:

'setup could not detect any soundblaster audigy 2 on your system, please ensure it is properly installed before running the setup program'

Thing is, it is properly installed, I tried running it from device manager to no avail, tried putting the card in the other PCI slot which was the last resort I could find from www.creative.com , I tried looking in bios under PCI slots and all it says there is chasis intrustion and XD technology, so doesn't look like anything I can change in BIOS to try and solve this.

Anyone know how to fix this?

let me add to this, I've spent hours tonight on this, on creatives help forums there are hundreds of posts with little if any resolution to this. unbelievably shitty drivers they make for good sound cards, if by next week I still can't figure this out I guess I'll order a cheap turtle beach or chaintech or something.

sure:

mobo:Intel Augsburg D915GAG (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)

chipset:Intel Grantsdale-G i915G

I can get the drivers to start installing & then is says the file ctac32k.sys is missing & needed.

I search google & driverguide and cannot find a place to dl that driver. Anyone know I could download ctac32k.sys ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom