No POST for ECS K7S5A PRO w/DDR Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it set to com 3 with i/o of 3e8-3ef or com4 with i/o of 2e8-2ef. All internal modems need to be configuared like that.
well actually most do. Consult manufactors documentation for details on how to configuare it. And you need to select a free irq channel

As I said previously, I could get the computer to boot with the DDR sometimes. Well, one of the times that it booted, it did not recognize the modem (add new hardware wizard popped up). So I decided to remove it and see what happened. I also wonder if it is something with the IRQ's, but I wouldn't have thought switching the memory would affect that. Shows how much I know.

I just thought I'd explain how I figured this out.

yes well im not possative but i dont think memory needs an irq line so it wouldn't be that. But try this. Put some other device into a pci slot where the modem was. And see if it works or not. If it doesn't well i dont know whats wrong but if it does then the modem is having conflicts. Try it. It should tell everything

I got the same board and yes it is "quirky". Bought it not knowing all the problems that come with it. I have run pc133 and currently am running 2 512 2100 ddr and works fine. I maybe got one of the better ones (ifs thats possible). The one prob I do have though is the fsb changing back to 100 everyonce in awhile. This board has so many problems it has its own forum!. Check it out maybe it will help

steve max said:
I got the same board and yes it is "quirky". Bought it not knowing all the problems that come with it. I have run pc133 and currently am running 2 512 2100 ddr and works fine. I maybe got one of the better ones (ifs thats possible). The one prob I do have though is the fsb changing back to 100 everyonce in awhile. This board has so many problems it has its own forum!. Check it out maybe it will help

Would you please post a link to the forum for this board?

Thanks.

My Kids got that Mobo in their Box & I just added 512Mb of PC2100 DDR ram and it seems to be working just fine. They were running 256mg (2x 128) of PC133 before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom