Burning Bin help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderAC

In Runtime
Hi, I have downloaded a .bin movie file and I am trying to burn it on CD as VCD. Should I rename it to .cue then open it as an image?
When I try to do that, I also been getting an error like can not open "path", (error line 24). Can someone help plz, thanks

No, you should either get (or write) a .cue file

or

rename the .bin file as an .iso then burn it (but set the parameters for the burn correctly!).

or even

mount the .bin in a virtual drive and play from there or extract data with isobuster.

Thanks, I just copied onto a CD as VCD, and it works fine on my PC.
But when I try to watch it with my dvd player (connected to TV), it doesn't work. Its really strange because all of my other VCD can be watched with DVD player, but not this one, any suggestion why it happens? Any help would be appreciated, thanks~

i use winISO to convert BIN to ISO if i have a BIN file with a missing or corrupt CUE file. i think winISO has a free trial but not sure.

Hi again

As I said earlier the burn parameters must be set (correctly) if you don't have the .cue file.

By parameters i mean the image must be burnt disk at once (DAO) and in Mode 2 for a standalone compliant VCD (or SVCD), not the more commom Mode 1

When I put the CD into my DVD player, it says "PBC off", does anyone know what it means or how to fix it? Thanks in advance

you cannot simply rename any file to convert it to another file, you will need a converter program that will convert a bin file to VCD
*edit*
there are a few exceptions of renaming files to convert to other files, like .txt to .inf but it doesn't work with most files

lavenderAC said:
When I put the CD into my DVD player, it says "PBC off", does anyone know what it means or how to fix it? Thanks in advance

PBC means Play back Control.. This is needed if u have menus on the DVD/VCD .. If there r no menu .. or u don't need to use the menus .. then u can leave it switched off ..

Use ISObuster to extract the movie from the bin file .. then just burn it useing Nero as an SVCD or VCD .. whichever u want ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom