Help!! Urgent Boot-Up Problems!! URGENT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0t

In Runtime
I just got a new PC. Everything seemed to boot up normal until this morning. I heard a really loud whirring noise so I restarted. Then an error message came up and it said my Radeon 9800 PRO's power cable wasn't connected properly. I restarted twice and the error message came up twice. I waited about 10 minutes and that error was gone, but I got a new error. Now it says "System is running in Fail-Safe State.Please recheck BIOS CMOS SETUP.Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter setup"I pressed F1 and everything seemed to run normal, but those issues are still bugging me. HELP!

The "fail safe state" is a BIOS setting. Did you check to make sure your video card was seated correctly, make sure you didn't loosen any other cables by accident.

Resetting your BIOS should fix the problem. There will be a set of 3 pins next you your CMOS battery with a jumper on 2 of the pins. To clear it, you have to move the jumper to the other set of pins. For example, pins 1 2 3, a jumper will be on 1 & 2, you need to move the jumper to pins 2 & 3, re-boot, it will tell you your BIOS was cleared. THen shut down, move the jumper back and reboot.

Check your motherboard manual to double check which pins you need to jumper to clear it.

Hope that helps.

Allright, I called tech support. They had me reset my bios using the bios menu. After that they told me to recheck my vid cards connection. I took out the video card, cleaned it, cleaned the mobo, and popped the video card back in. No errors so far. I'm going to let it run for an hour or so with the case open. The loud whirring(sounds like a blender) still bothers me though. Its happeend before, but stops whenever I open up the case and TRY to clean the cpu. Could dust be causing this loud "whirring" noise? What else could it be?

T0t said:
Allright, I called tech support. They had me reset my bios using the bios menu. After that they told me to recheck my vid cards connection. I took out the video card, cleaned it, cleaned the mobo, and popped the video card back in. No errors so far. I'm going to let it run for an hour or so with the case open. The loud whirring(sounds like a blender) still bothers me though. Its happeend before, but stops whenever I open up the case and TRY to clean the cpu. Could dust be causing this loud "whirring" noise? What else could it be?

I guess I typed all that for nothing then :rolleyes:

I appreciate it, but I figured Id call tech support first. Get their opinion since they did build my computer. Id still appreciate some help on:

Since it does worry me.

Your psu is probably about to die.(Has seen the same thing happen 4 times*only once was the card accuraly messed up*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom