Zalman Reserator 1 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

sghill00

Beta member
I just got an AMD X2 4800+ and installed the Zalman water cooling system.

PROBLEM: The cooling system has to be turned on/off seperate from the computer. If it doesn't get turned on and the system is powered up by my wife or son, my CPU gets fried.

I designed a relay that would turn on/off the Zalman unit when the computer starts or stops.

When I attached the 12V DC relay onto one of my 12V DC hard drive power plugs I think I may have damaged my power supply.

QUESTION: Does anybody know the pitfalls (besides messing up my power supply) to attaching a non PC electrical device onto a power supply? Could I attach the relay onto one of the PC fan plugs on the motherboard?

Thanks much!

PS: the relay is a simple 12V DC relay...

You can attatch anything to any of the 4-pin PSU plugs, whether or not it is a non-PC device. And yes you can use the motherboard fan plug.

I've got a great solution to your problem...

Make a rule in your house that "Mom & Son" are not to touch "Dad's" PC. LOL - Probably won't happen, but I would lay down that law!

I got a better solution....sell that zalman and build a danger den water kit....no more problems.

Easy man. Get a switch, probably your power switch on the computer, and connect the power switch to the zalman power switch. Put them in paralell and VOI LA! They both turn on at the same time. That way the Zalman isnt hooked up to the PSU, so nothign will get damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom