Trasfering Data from old to new

Status
Not open for further replies.

boo

In Runtime
Ok i had some files send the the new PC but of corse they didn't get them all

i really don't wanna drive all the way down there to get the old files put back on the new one

Now the reason i got a new PC is because of a blue screen that popups before start... in which i can't get to the desktop

how would i go about on sending some more files from the old PC to the New one?

Old PC = Windows 2000 *with a bad blue screen error*

New = Window XP

thanks

boo

The easiest thing that comes to mind is Symantec Ghost. Though that isn't free and I'm sure you want a free software.

If you can transfer files the conventional way try booting in safemode.

ok how would i go about the "conventional" way lol

and i've tryed booting old PC in safemode but it doesn't help same blue screen * i think i have anyway i might could try again if i have to *

Hm well if you can't get in with safemode can you try your system recovery disc or your install disc. You should run a reapair and see if you can get the files.

is there away to get the files without going tru it?

i have a laptop handy ;) if that does any good :p

Not that I know of (you must boot into windows to get files through a network.... Wait do you have DOS?

==================================
In repsonce to the question below instead of making another post saying I don't know.

DOS is a old OS from Microsoft and it came with ME down I think but it doesn't come with 2K-Vista. I'm sorry I'm out of ideas perhaps another can help you.

what the windows 2000?

im sure it doesn't... but doesn't all PC's have DOS?

*n00b question :p*

boot with a Knoppix LiveCD and backup your files to cd's(assuming you have a cd-r on that pc) or email them through Knoppix. do a google search on it and see wha it's all about. i think it's the best way

That may work but some people have +30 gigs of files. He may be right though boot to linux using a live CD then you will be albe to transfer files by network.

so in other words

burn it to CD pop the CD in the old PC and it will run at boot?

or do i need to hit somthing?

and i have 56k so i'd rather brun it to CD

thanks for help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom