Torture, TORTURE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All computer chips are made out of silicon, and you can 'train' silicon. You can train it to operate at the same frequency with less voltage, you can train it to operate with a higher FSB, and other thigns of that nature. Silicon is rubbery by nature, so it can, like I said, be trained to do things. Think of a Ni-Cad battery. You can train that, and it will learn, to hold a longer charge or a larger one.

Think of it as a pair of pants. You can train them, break them in, or burn them in if you are thinking of a computer, to fit better and more comfortably. Therefore, you walk easier and you are less anoyyed. EUREKA!! They are broken in.

EDIT: And yes, it lets thermal paste melt and find where it is suppose to go, thus allowing a better heat transfer.

Isn't this an old chip though. I really don't think a "burn in" will do much if anything. Some of that stuff sounds like witch craft to me anyways, I don't really buy it, but I don't know....

putting it to unstable parameters such as a high OC with low voltage isn't a very good idea...that'll simply do damage...beyond that if it's unstable then it's not going to be able to sit there and run prime95.

You need to get a program called S&M...that gets your CPU hotter than prime95 does, or you could run both prime95 and the S&M in conjunction with each other, OR you could run two instances of prime95.

Either way though, like I said, in most cases S&M manages to get your CPU 2-3 degrees hotter than prime95 can.

I've only personally noticed a burn in period work on Vram...it wouldn't go past 999MHz on my 6600GT memory then after about a week of benching and whatnot it hit 1107....other than that chances are the CPU won't benefit from a burn in, and your system memory might but theres a lot of people who will toss 3.6v in through it immediately (BH-5's of course) and get 275MHz 2-2-2-5 timings off the bat and that's the max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom