Can AOL lock up a CD Drice?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doire

Solid State Member
Friend of mine wanted to get broadband in.She rang up AOL they sent him a couple of software discs to install.

She installed it, now any disc she inserts into the CD drive wont play.

anyone had this problem?

what could be the problem? the software, the spec of his machine (i dont know what it is), AOL are crap?

mmm.. the first thing i'm wondering would be how would you get broadband if they don't send you a modem :p

AOL most likely won't lock up your CD drive, try to access the cd after you put it in, see what error message you get?

Sorry a modem was sent too! :D

The software installs ok and icons appear on the desktop, but when she tries to play Cd.s...nothing happens.

Details are a bit thin on the ground at the moment.

Uninstall the drivers via your device manager, then delete it from the device manager all together, re-boot, see if that fixes it

also could be something with autoplay? try running media player maually and see if you can get it to play that way. Also, what burning program are you using? if Roxio, there was a problem in some of their versions that would grab the devices at a random time and not release it... but I havn't seen that in a while... just guessing...

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom