what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apokalipse

Golden Master
my dad wants to get wireless broadband on the laptop; we have broadband on this computer and 1 ethernet card for each computer (non-wireless)
If we got a semi-wireless router with a firewall (wireless but you can plug in 4 cat5 cables) so we can plug in the modem and this computer into it , then get a wireless card for the laptop so it will connect to the routerand have internet aswell as connecting to this computer.
I was wondering what anybody thought about it

additional: I plan on getting a computer of my own some time so I could use a wireless or non-wireless connection to connect to the router and have a home network, and if I have friends over who bring their computer over, with my parents permission they could connect to our broadband connection through our router (my dad was thinking about them giving us a tribute for using it) or if not they could connect to my computer and not have the internet bridged.

I love my wireless laptop. I use the 802.11g spec (54 MB). Its up to you which spec you use. The 802.11b is cheaper, and still faster than your broadband. I'm not running cable through my house because this wireless works too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom