Torture, TORTURE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I want to get the opinon of the high end builders here, you guys know who you are.

I'm going to be building my computer this weekend, and I expect to give it at least a 24 hours burn in uner the most extreme circumstances. I just bought my new RAM, should be here in a few days. <Corsair XMS PC4400... Sorry Nubius :confused:> and it's TCCD, so apparently I burning in does not do much with those, or so I've been told. dosent mean I'm not going to try it though! What I'm looking for, is what some people use to absolutely torture the HELL out of their computer, when burning in or getting an extreme benchmark or whatnot. What I plan on doing is lowering my cpu voltage and Vdimm voltage to a nearly unstable point, and torture it with that. I've also been told to overclock it as much as possible (to an unstable point) WITHOUT touching the voltage (other than lowering it if possible) and to burn it in using that. What programs are we mostely using? The obvious Prime95, memtest86, 3Dmark01 and 03, is there any other ones I should be looking at to use? Like the title says, I want to TORTURE this thing so it almost HATES me! I want to bring it to the edge of death, but not fall off of it, if you know what I'm saying. ;)

Hey, if i kill it I kill it. It happens, and is to be expected. I already have this sneaking suspicion that my motherboard is ruined (I HAVET EVEN USED IT YET!) for I have done some stupid things with it (I work on my computer faaaar too often when I'm faaaar to wasted). Hopefully it's not. Here's to getting everythign working!

get a few benchmark programs running at once. while you have lots of games running and are doing a disk defrag.

His computer is still not up Simon. But i can only image that he will have them running to see waht he gets ;)

You cant do a defrag while you are doing anything, at least not with MS's, I'm not sure about anythig else. But the one with Windows needs exclusive access to the drive, and will continually restart until it gets exclusive access to it. I didnt think about just having a million things going at once though, it's a good idea. I want my CPU usage MAXED at 99-100% for the entire time I am doing the burn in.

What gfx do you have, I find that the game tests on 3dmark 05 are quite taxing for my 6600gt. Let them run for a few hours, that should bring it to the brink of death! muhahaha, hehe

EDIT: Toast is also a very nice cpu burning program.

I have the 6600GT as well. Basing on your signature, I'm assuming you have the eVGA version as well. Is it good? I've heard good things about it.

I'm not too keene on benchmarks, havent really used them too much before, so I'm going ot have to get the feel for them. I was fooling around with Prime95 and I didnt get it, but maybe that was becuase... I dont know, wrong version maybe? It's mostely text based, does that sound right?

Wat do we think of the SiSandra CPU Burn-in utility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom