Lost all Bookmarks in Foxfire, need to retrieve

Status
Not open for further replies.

lattelover

Solid State Member
I let my neighbor use my computer to go online to pay a bill. After he left I went to use it myself and tried to retrieve something from my bookmarks in foxfire and the entire area was empty. All of my bookmarks are gone. Is there any way to retrieve them. I have not turned the computer off. My operating system is XP. Please help?

no. you should have save them. next time, hit bookmark, manage bookmark, then you export it to a file on your computer. you can burn it to disc then

Find out what folder Firefox saves the bookmarks to. Or you can try to recall one and use the search and then see if others are located in that folder if you get what I'm saying. Also are some of the bookmarks originally from Internet Explorer before you used Firefox? Try checking that out

Firefox usually saves them to the C:\documents and settings\<Username>\Local Settings\Applications\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\...then the next folder differs but it id in there. It should say bookmarks. Just make sure all files are shown at the time whne you go to find it as it is in a hidden folder.

Just noticed that now haha. Is FoxFire a new browser or something? I'm familiar with Firefox so no wonder you're having problems.

usually there is a file with all your bookmarks in it, mabye your config thingo was corrupted. Once firefox crashed, but for some weird reason the program stayed in memory so when i started another instance of firefox it prompted me to choose another config because my default one was being used.

Hey Alex,

We are so lucky to have such nice and brillant people such as yourself in the world. You help to make people feel really confidant in posting on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom