New computer setup - final version!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the deceived

In Runtime
Hi again all you wonderful people :)

Right, many of you guys will have seen a few of my posts before about building a brand new PC from scratch, and well basically after taking into account all your info supplied, I have come up with this setup:

[CPU]
Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ Socket 939 512KB
[Motherboard]
Abit AN8 Fatal1ty nForce4 Ultra Motherboard
[RAM}
OCZ 2GB (1GB x 2) DDR PC-3200 Performance Series Dual Channel Kit
[Hard Disk Drive]
Maxtor Diamondmax 300Gb SATA 7200rpm
[Graphics Card]
XFX nVidia GeForce 7800 GTX 256Mb (Overclocked)
[PSU]
Antec True Power 550W
[Monitor]
Viewsonic VX924 19" LCD TFT 4ms Response Time
[Mouse]
Logitek MX510
[Keyboard]
Saitek Eclipse
[DVD-RW]
NEC ND-3540 Black Dual Layer DVD+/-RW
[Floppy Disk Drive]
Sony 3.5" FDD
[Case]
Extreme Gaming Spider Case
[Operating System]
Windows Professional x64

Well that's about it, so please (for the final time) can you guys give me the last check on this setup, and can anyone tell me if they are all compatible.

By the way, the computer will be used for computer games programming, and a lot of gaming (hence the graphics card), and I can get it all together (including P&P) for around £1700 ($2900).

Any info would be extremely helpful!

dont go with the XFX 7800GTX go with the eVGA 7800GTX

EDIT: be sure to go with the blue mx510

I personally feel that the fatal1ty mobo is overpriced. Id go with the DFI Lanparty nForce4 Ultra-D

Dont buy that monitor, buy the Viewsonic VP191b 8ms instead. Its faster for games and a much better overall monitor (has better viewing angles and color). Its a fast VA panel vs a TN panel's (vx924) old technology.

Heres the actual speed of the VX924:

vx924_latency.gif

Quote:

Again we'll recall our test method:

The curve shows the different latency values for different levels of gray. A black-white alternation is shown on the curve by a point at X-axis 255, a black-gray alternation produces a point at X-axis 125, a black-dark-gray alternation shows as 50, etc.

The official ISO latency rating specified by the manufacturer is only for black/white transitions (0/255). While the value we measured agrees with the manufacturer on this point, it's not of much value in judging the actual responsiveness of the panel in practice.

As you can see, we don't share AU Optronics' optimism about the AU190EN4 V.5 panel used in this monitor. The fault lies in the obvious lack of standardization of latency measurements. The ISO latency measurement protocol isn't perfect - far from it - but at least it is relatively well defined, with effective protections against exaggeration. With the GTG system, we're getting announced values that have nothing to do with reality most of the time.

http://www.behardware.com/articles/563-1/viewsonic-vp191b-mva-8-ms-tn-monitor-killer.html[/url]

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050602/index.html

dont get the 7800GTX, get the 7800GT and save sum money! performance is only slightly worse than the GTX for at least $100 less!

As regards the version of the GTX I'm getting, I've got a few friends who have different versions of it, and yes they all do have different systems but most of them are still high end PCs. I haven't yet seen the eVGA version, but I couldn't really any difference in the cards. So I'm choosing the XFX version because it's reasonablly well overclocked (Core Clock 450MHz, 1250MHz GDDR3 Memory) and it's good for the price.

I've had a look at the DFI board and personally, I'd choose the Fatal1ty board because there isn't much difference in performance or price. Basically, I think to choose between the two comes down to personal preference.

Unfortunately, the screen I'm buying has already been bought and so I can't really change it. But I think I'm still going to be happy with it.

One more thing, has anyone got any info on what CPU vooling I should buy ?

Thanks very much!

go with the XFX, i have it, and it has the fastest clock speed at 490/1.3GHz, love the performance from it, i dont know y every1 has something against XFX video cards

Spartan666 said:
go with the XFX, i have it, and it has the fastest clock speed at 490/1.3GHz, love the performance from it, i dont know y every1 has something against XFX video cards

eVGA has one at the same speeds, with a proper cooling unlike XFX.

Spartan, have you ever owned more than 2 XFX cards? If you have, your likely to know why I and other people have hated them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom