hardware failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

radlv

Beta member
Hey, for no apparant reason, I could no longer reboot the computer from the HD (computer starts but cannot go into window ME). I am able to boot the computer with a floppy boot disk and can get into the HD (C drive) in DOS. How can I save the data in the HD? If I get a external HD now and connect it, can I copy the data from my HD to the external drive without activating Window ME? I have tried several HD repair softwares, but none of them worked (all freeze up after a while).
Thanks

try clearing your CMOS that mit let you boot into ME as far as the external hdd goes no you would need to be able to get in ME to do that.

try clearing your CMOS that mit let you boot into ME as far as the external hdd goes no you would need to be able to get in ME to do that.

ok turn thte computer off, then take teh CMOS battery out of the computer. Then turn the computer on for 10 seconds. Then turn the comptuer of. Then put the battery back in and turn the computer on, and see what happens

Thanks Dark_Sniper*. I will give it a try when I get home form work tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom