Changing .avi to burn to dvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred123

Solid State Member
Is there anyway to burn a .avi file to a dvd? I tryed changing it to .VOD but it was too big. it was about 6 gigs all together (3 .VOD files 2 gigs each). I just need to know a way to make it smaller without losing quality. Thanks for help.

Use Nero to "create my own DVD" (recent release with startsmart)

It does the conversion and then burns it to a disk or image file all in the one go and even lets you create your own menus.

There is also an option to decrease the quality to fit more on to a single disc which works well as the decrease in quality is barely noticable. (no im not spamming lol )

My XP3200 1GB RAM system takes just over an hour to complete the conversion process for a single DVD of AVI files so if you have a slow system it could take a while.

Hope this helps.

Wow, that is exactly what I need. Thanks a lot.
Edit: Dang..It still says I can't reduce the size enough. I dont know why. I want to fit it all on one DVD. Id really rather not make two...

Nero is making me very mad. Ive tryed several times to create this dvd. Each time I put the files into nero they have differnt sizes. I got it to fit all three last night. But today it says that each file is 3 gigs. What the heck is going on?

Fred123 said:
Is there anyway to burn a .avi file to a dvd? I tryed changing it to .VOD but it was too big. it was about 6 gigs all together (3 .VOD files 2 gigs each). I just need to know a way to make it smaller without losing quality. Thanks for help.

Check out dvd santa it's what i use to convert all my avi file's to dvd ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom