Got my pump!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, I have put together a water cooling system before, and it is a pain sometimes, but usually you can just get it going. And flushing is a pain in the ass though, you are right about that.

Just loop 3DMark05 for 24 hours, should do just fine, monitor the temps.

Well when I'm burning in, I'm not OCing, just going to undervolt it a shiteload until it is BARELY stable.

The initial setting up and filling is a lil bittova pain, but I'll just get wasted and do it and I wont even realize how much it sucked. :D

chroming the inside would look cool, but the thing I'd be concerned about is that extra layer of thickness on the inside...if it'd effect things like the CD-drives or hard drives fitting into their slots or something annoying like that....I know my slots are a tight fit as it is, so if it had even a tiny bit of extra thickness it probably wouldn't want to go in without a fight

ok 1 question why would u spend all that mobey for water and hope to see 50c? u can get alot cooler than that on air bro. but i hope to see pics of that and see how it looks.
Im NOT criticising!

You can get cooler than that on air, yes, but not when it is overclocked. Timmer, i dig you are not criticizing me, but you got some things to learn. Water cooling is for overclocking. Since OCing DRASTICALLY takes up temps, air just will not suffice. I'm sure on stock speeds with my water cooling, I would get down to 20 or 30, but I'm ocing, so it would be much higher.

Nubes: Yes, the extra layer of thickness has been my cheif concern. Not only with the chroming, but with the powder coating I am going to get done as well. I've read alot over on WizD Forums about people getting their side panels powder coated and, even though it is 100's of an inch of thickness, the side panels just wont go on. What I would get chromed (if it happens) would be my motherboard backplate, the two support rails, and MAYBE the drive cage. But like you said, mine are a tight fit as well, so I would be having to do some very meticulous sanding to get them to fit. This thickness is going to be a huge problem, I already know this, and really wont know to what degree I'm up against until I have it in my hands.

And it wouldnt be much of a fight trying to get them in... It would be a friggen all out brawl trying to get that shiate to fit! :p

my CPU runs at 33 with air, didnt relise how good that really was :)

Nice work

any ETA on the photos, because i dont even know what chroming a case is.

You know the process of chroming? When something is done up all nice and shiny and metallic? A silver bike is actually chromed, shiny rims on a car are chromed, so just imagine a case with that look.

Allow me to reiterate: As of right now, I do NOT intend on chroming, but only powder coating, but that may change, I dont know. As for photos, no, I have no ETA. It could be a few days, could be a few weeks. All depends on when I sand all of the rust off of my case and send it out. What I didnt realize when I stripped my case, was how easy steel rusted without come sort of protecting bond on it. So every day (literally, every day) I wait to get it done, a little more rust appears on it. So I have to take out a entire day and sand down EVERYTHING nicely, and send it out, and hope it gets done before it rusts again.

Sprooty - chroming is a pretty crazy process really...they generally gotta give whatever needs to be chromed an acid bath because everything has to be PERFECT in terms of smoothness and cleanliness otherwise your chrome will be crap...then it's dipped in a vat of 'liquid chrome' I guess you could say.....it's pulled out...heated and bam you got a nice thick shiney PERTY lookin metallic chrome....I've seen them do it to a motorcycle frame before, it's awesome stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom