6800 GT to a power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelminns

Baseband Member
I am very new at this... I dont know how to connect the 6800 GT to the power supply. Do i have to take the power supply apart? Right now I have a cord that was running FROM the power supply (to nothing previously) into the female end of the cord that came with the card. The cord that was coming from the power supply also has a smaller connector branching off from it (currently connected to nothing). And the cord that came with the card has 2 male ends branching of from the female end, one into the card, the other into nothing. HAHA hope this makes ANY sense.

Can you please post your components? Also, did you build this computer from scratch or are you upgrading an existing rig? The users manual that came with the vid card should show you where the Power supply hooks up and/or the PS manual should have labels for the vid card connectors. You might also want to look at some of the other threads here as they contain links to How-to sites. Hope this helps!

I ordered a custom machine from future shop, so i THINK they built it from scratch. My components,

k8M800M
AMD Athlon 64 3000
1024 RAM
300 Watts Power Supply

That's All you need, Right?

The instructions were very vague but it looked like they were plugging it in the same way i described.

Thanks.

Oh, I was running the FEAR Demo at Nearly full capacity. I dont know whether or not that is a good indicator that the card is getting power or not.

yeap u need a new psu buddy. 300w isnt gonna cut pal.im surprised ur system was runing at all.
i know what you are saying to. u have the power dongle in the card then 2 open ones coming off of it and therefor u have one free and i dont think u can do that gett this power supply here or something similar and everything will fall into place.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817159032
i beleve that should do the trick.
but if it works then leave it alone! if ur card works and everything runs fine then leave it alone i dont see why u would even say anything if its working ok. but i would still get that psu for reasurence

Yeah. Everything seems to be running fine. I just wanna know if it can run better. Someone on another thread said that the card will be fine but it wont achieve full potential with a 300W. The reccomended is 350W. I'm having 500W installed today. Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom