Need a solid PCI-E mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
I'm helping a friend build a new computer, and we have everything figured out except for the motherboard. he's not going to do any OCing or SLI so SLI mobo's are out of the question. for some-odd reason he doesn't want a motherboard from MSI or ASUS, so i figure a DFI lanparty mobo would be great, except than most DFI's are SLI mobo's. What is a solid, Socket 939, single PCI-E motherboard?

so far, he's going to go for an Athlon64 3500 or 3700 GeForce 7800GT, and 2GB of dual channel RAM. he's going to use the other parts in his computer for the rest of the build.

DFI Lanparty nForce4 Ultra-D. Not an SLI mobo. The Abit Fatal1ty might be worth a look 2

whoops, i dont' think that you saw that SLI motherboards are out fo the question. both the gigabyte mobo and DFI ones are SLI. i need one with ONE PCI-E slot, NOT 2.

The Ultra-D isn't a SLI board, but does have 2 x16 slots.

Try this.

Also I saw today on Ben's Bargains (about 2/3 down the page) that when you buy a 7800 gt from Newegg they will through in an eVGA mobo for free. Something worth looking at.

whoops. eVGA makes motherboards? well, my buddy is getting a 7800GT or GTX bundles with his 3700.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom