Total System Crash - Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desidus

Solid State Member
First of all the problem: My computer is crashing on almost every game I try to play on this comp. Guildwars and World or Warcraft are the worst for crashes, cause there is no message.. no warning. My comp just shuts down completely. *poof* So that really sucks cause I cant imagine that is very good for the computer. They do run though. Sometimes for quite a long time.. other times its only like 15mins before it crashes.

I also have Medal of Honor Pacific Assault and it has problems too. When it crashes it like it gets laggy for a sec then a message pops up asking me if want to send an error report.. (which doesnt tell me anything) and then it just kicks me out of the program. A couple of times my mouse has shut off while I played this game. The mouse just stopped working completely. The light went off and everything. This problem usually occurs within like 15mins at least and alot of times sooner than that.

About the only game that does work is Railroad Tycoon 3. lol. Which as much as I love gets kinda boring after awhile.

I tried downloading drivers for my comp. But I havent really had any luck with that.

Guess I should give you my hardware if that helps.

ok..

Operating System: Windows XP Home service pack 2
DirectX: 9.0c
CPU: AMD Athlon, 1000Mhz (10x100)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-72M(P) (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 AMR. 3 DIMM, audio)
Motherboard Chipset: VIA VT8363 Apollo KT133
System Memory: 1024 MB (SDRAM)

Video Adapter: Nvidia GeForce4 Ti 4600 (128MB)
Audio Adapter: VIA AC'97 Audio Controller [H]

Can anyone make some suggestions about what the problem might be. This is really frustrating and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Check your temps, it sounds like your video card or cpu is overheating. Do you have a decent heatsink?

Ummmm good question.. answer.. have no idea!

lol. Sorry like my siggy says. Im a noob.

How do you find out the temp of those things? I tried to find that out yesterday by searching round, but couldnt find an answer. So ya. Im pretty clueless

Anyways yeah. I know I only have one fan on the comp.. and a fan on the Nvidia card... other than that.. I have no idea.

I read something about BIOS giving you a temp reading.. but I have no clue how to do that. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help. I was actually surprised I got so many replies so soon. lol.

Oh and btw. Whats a PSU? and how do I find its rating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom