Nvidia CPU Core Threshold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Counter-Strike

Daemon Poster
In my 6600GT Nvidia settings, there is a box with CPU core threshold settings, and it is at 127C! I want to set it lower, more like 75-80C. How can I change it?

Why do you want to set it lower? GFX cards run very very hot. Shite, I had a FX5600 that idled at 61C! It can handle 127 without damage, but any higher than that is bad news. I mean, 127 is still goddamn hot and should not be there, but threshold is before the computer or card shuts down or something to stop the heat. Just leave at 127, and if you are worried, just keep an eye on the temperature. If you have the hsf on properly, the card will never go that high (unless you overclocked it without changing the hsf) and you are fine. The threshold is a worst case scenario type thing.

More than likely it wont, but there is always the off chance. Just leave it at 127, set an alarm to go off at like 100, you got nothing to worry about.

Ya it wont let me change mine either, I guess just leave it and monitor your temps with rivatuner...

Counter-Strike said:
In my 6600GT Nvidia settings, there is a box with CPU core threshold settings, and it is at 127C! I want to set it lower, more like 75-80C. How can I change it?

You got one of the older cores too, new ones handle up to 147 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom