GRR! Poor Performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZËÐ

Baseband Member
Hi...

I am very confused at the moment as I when I install new games on my laptop, i experience very VERY poor performance, lots of lag, very jumpy and extremely SLLLOOWW...

Even so, my system requirements exceed the recommended by a mile!

For example, when I play the Sims, i experience alot of lag and very slow loading times...

My Specs are...

2.8Ghz Celeron D Processor
64Mb ATi Radeon 7000
192Mb on-board RAM + 512Mb Kingston 200Pin RAM ( 704 in total )
40Gb hard-drive

I have only used about 10Gb of my hard-drive space, I havent got a compressed hard-drive, my paging file is set 512Mb initial AND maximum, some resource hogging services are disabled (such as the indexing service).

I use Disk-Keeper Lite and Defrag my hard-drive nearly every day and there is NO spyware!

I dont see anything physically (or mentally) wrong with my system and I am still unable to determine why I am experiencing such poor performance!

Any help would be VERY appriciated!! Thank you all!!

Zed x

Well for one, don't run off thinking that 2.8 Celeron can run games like a breeze. That Celeron is THE least effective CPU chip for gaming, it's like trying to keep up with a damn cheetah. That 7000 is a little old, so put the detail settings on games to medium-low or low. You could also set XP to "best performance" mode.

ok thanks ...

The thing i dont get is that a 2.8 celeron really isnt THAT bad isit, does it really make that big of a contribution? I swear its equivilent to a 1.8 P4 or something ... well thats what I read haha

N yup the detail settings are set to low ... i really dont get it lololol...

Maybe i'll just stick to my XBOX...

i thought Sims auto detects your hardware and give you auto settings.. at least they did that to my laptop, the graphic sucks, but it's smooth :D

most likely culprit is your processor.. since ur other settings should be fine running it on low-medium settings :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom