Flash the bios in my DFI NF4 withought a floppy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaross

Baseband Member
I dont have a floppy drive. I never thought that I would ever use one again. According to the instructions on how to flash the bios on the DFI site, I need a floppy. Is there any other way to do this, and, is it that important that I update the bios?

there are programs like "Winflash" i think is the name of one that'll flash within windows.

Generally you only need to update the BIOS when you're searching for one that might be more stable than others when you're overclocking...so if you aren't overclocking then don't worry about it

winflash will work well. Make sure you back up your current BIOS first. Then make sure you download the correct BIOS for your MOBO.

Use winflash. Update BIOS. REBOOT...

Make sure you enter your BIOS after reboot and reconfigure your FIRST BOOT SEQUENCE. It will default back to floppy after FLASHING. Change it to your HDD with your OS.

Good Luck.

ok, that worked. apparently, the bios is the same for my DFAG and the Infinity DFI motherbaords. or they got their downloads mixed up and my board will fry soon, but i dont think that is the case because my computer is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom