Question about memory frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeaaronc

Baseband Member
I just recently built a new pc... Dual Channel DDR is enabled because it tells me in the POST. Anyways, I look at the memory frequency when I boot and it says 200 mghz. Is that the default clock speed for the cpu and memory? Do I need to change that in the bios? I have 2 sticks of pc3200 dual channel DDR400. I dont want to mess with those settings unless it supposed to be higher. Any ideas or info would be great.

Also when I looked at my memory frequency in everest home edition it says:

Field Value
DIMM1: Corsair VS512MB400 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
Field Value
DIMM2: Corsair VS512MB400 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)

Shouldnt it be 400 MHZ?

no its should not 200 is half of 400 its the way its done. pc2700 in the BIOS for me said 166 i was like you WTF its 333 lol. BUt i found out the BIO"S reads it like that so there are no problems there man. ITs all good.

Hmmm okay. my mobo lets me overclock the cpu and the agp and im wondering if should mess with that a little bit. everest home edition says and so does my bios that my cpu is a cool 30 degrees celsius just idle and gaming i got it up to 39 degrees. should i mess with that with just a stock heatsink fan (amd approved) and one case fan?

thats why i bought it.... god the thing runs COOL as hell with ONE sticking case fan lol. i love it its a great processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom