Password at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMassacre

In Runtime
When I start up my computer this thing asking for my password comes up. How do I get it to stop asking me that and just load? I did it once.....long ago. And another thing. When starting up this thing called Verizon Online Updates comes up all the time. How do I turn that off?

To rid password and just goto desktop, delete password for your account and make sure you admin on it. disable the startup link in msconfig to stop the updates.

hey if u r using xp remove the other users keep only administator on machine [guest u can't delete so turn off] and remove password from administrators account u can do all these settings from control pannel/users
to deal with u r second problem go to control panel and go to schedule task and remove Verizon Online Updates from there and hey it will not display from there again

Um I have no Idea why you are telling him how. You want to keep that password prompt for security. And hell NEVER EVER remove the administrator password.

I'm assuming he is using XP.

Edit: I see his post now so he is using 98 but still removing passwords is never a good idea regardless.

if hes the only one who uses the computer then why not besides theres always bios passowrds which are stronger and the only way to get around those is to clear CMOS or know it.

No thats incorrect there are countless Linux hacks that you can put on a disc and bypass the BIOS password and change it including windows passwords.

I use Astrumi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom