video input no signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

canaduh

Beta member
Video input

No signal

(picture of the connecting point where you plug the monitor inot tyhe video card)

Okay thats what it shows me just reandomly, then restarts the computer, then can't start up, then turns off, and cannot restart for likke 15 minutes. I have no idea. Anyways, i tried changing the video cards, that isn't it! So last thing i can think of is the monitor drivers possibly? Im so confused, someone help me please!

its probably a bad AGP slot or PCIE slot, or it could be your moniter try your moniter on a diff computer to elminate that possibility.

clear CMOS, blow out video card slot and try again make sure if video card has a molex connector that it is hooked up correctly.

The monitor is a brand new NEC LCD92V flatscreen monitor. 19' I believe. I'm pretty good with computers, so i grabbed another video card that works on my other computer, and didn't work also! So i never thought about the agp/pci (i forget whihc it is) slot, i guess that could be part of the problem, but it's sort of weird how it just started happeniong with this monitor. And i don't know how to get different drivers for it. I never even installed the monitor, and don't know where the software is, which makes it more difficult. Anyways i will try cleaning the slot. BUT why would that cause the computer to restart? Wouldn't that just make the monitor not be available to use? It wouldn't shut the computer right down. Anyways i will keep tinkering! Any other suggestions would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom