6600GT Gaming Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you test the RAM yet?

or just try throwing in your known good RAM into that machine

hmmm you know you might want to check the amps your psu puts out... 350 watts of power but you need high amperes for those new vid cards not to mention your psu is older so that might be an issue.

The amp rating is usually written on the side of the PSU on a sticker. The 12V rail should have about 20A or more.

Well I checked the rail, at 12V is has 19A of power, that seems like it would be enough wouldn't it? Gaah I don't know.

Nubius said:
These cards for best operation pretty much need their own line and you shouldn't put it on with anything else taking the juice...just a thought.

That's very important and a lot of people make that mistake and have this issue. Good point Nubius...

Ok well my RAM is fine, I put in an old 512MB stick that I used in my old build, did the same thing, so I have determined that is has to be 1 of 2 things: the video card, or the PSU. The PSU seems like it would have enough power don't you think?

I have a 400W 12V @ 19A PSU powering 4 80mm case fans, 1GB RAM, 64 3000+, 6600GT, Optical Drive, HDD, and case lights. I am guessing that the 19A just isn't cutting the cheese.

But it could also be my 6600GT. I am skeptical because a lot of people are having these lock-ups. What do you guys think, is it my PSU or my video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom